Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 12 of 21- New hat! New Shoes! I got a New Attitude!

Arise and Shine for the glory of the Lord has risen among you - Isaiah 60:1

I saw a picture of an eagle talon yesterday and it reminded me of this dream I had two years ago (January 8/9, 2014)


Dreamt I was walking with my family; open skies before us.  I remember DESIRING to SEE an Eagle.  I remember looking up and expecting to see an eagle.  My family made fun of me.  Why do you keep looking up?  What do you think you're going to see?  I told them my desire, then they laughed at me as if I was foolish having faith to believe that I would see what I desired.  They were walking behind me.  I was walking ahead of them and continually looking up.  I looked up and I saw a huge, gorgeous Bald Eagle soaring with over a half of loaf of bread in its talons.

I pointed to it and showed my family the eagle.  They saw THE SIGN, THE WONDER and were amazed.  They were astonished that an eagle was actually there.  It wasn't native to this place.  It flew down and landed on my left shoulder.  I was fearful but excited that it landed and rested on my shoulder.


The eagle began speaking to me.  He was telling me what direction to go to.  He led me to a path.  It was a riverbank.  Once I was at the riverbank, the eagle disappeared.  I was told I had to go into the water.  It was gross and cold.  I didn't want to go in.  My family told me it was the only way.  They went in and I said, "No, I don't want to."  I turned to the left (same side the eagle was) and saw a bridge in the water.  It was like a metal tunnel under the water and I could walk on it to get to the other side.  I was afraid to cross it because it was slippery.  One step at a time.  I did slip and stumbled catching myself by straddling the tube.  I got back up and got to the other side.  One the other side I had NEW PERSPECTIVE.  God had made a way where there was no way.


In the beginning of the dream, I had desired to see an eagle in the open sky.  My family didn't believe me that we would see one.

32And Jesus stopped and called them, and said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" 33They said to Him, "Lord, we want our eyes to be opened." 34Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him. (Matthew 20:32-34).

Faith moves the Lord to compassion.  Without faith, it's impossible to please God.  (Hebrews 11:6).

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. John 17:24

I desired my family to see God's glory.  I wanted my family to see God's faithfulness.  I wanted them to see a sign that would make them wonder.

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." (John 12:32)

Not only did God give me the desires of my heart in this dream.  The eagle came with PROVISION.  The bread symbolizes provision. 

10 May your kingdom come and what you want be done, here on earth as it is in heaven.11 Give us the food we need for each day. (Matthew 6:10-11) NCV

An eagle represents the prophetic gifting.  They have eyes to see.  The eagle has an ability to see hidden spiritual truths, rising above the material to see the spiritual.   The Bible carries references to the eagle as the messenger of God, and as a link between heaven on earth.

In earlier times in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, thus he said, "Come, and let us go to the SEER;" for he who is now called a Prophet was before called a SEER. (1 Samuel 9:9) 
     
….I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. Exodus 19:4

…. but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Credit: Karl Tate (infographic), 5607594264 | Shutterstock (man)

The prophetic gift came and rested on my left shoulder.  The signification of shoulder is all power.

Isaiah 9:6-7 -6For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. 7There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore.

The prophetic gifting that the Lord has placed upon my life is the all-powerful dunamis of Father, Son, Holy Spirit.  Not by Power, not by Might, but by HIS spirit (Zechariah 4:6)

He will lead and guide me to places that others may tell me opposite to the divinely inspired way. Holy Spirit will lead me into unchartered paths of ALL Things Possible for those who believe (Mark 9:23).  He makes a way, where there is no way (Isaiah 43:19).

As I listened to Holy Spirit, he showed me a hidden path, a hidden bridge to cross the waters so that I would not get cold or defiled.

This dream was very comforting to me.  I woke up singing the Patti LaBelle song in my Spirit..."New Attitude."

I'm feelin' good from my head to my shoes
Know where I'm goin' and I know what to do
I tidied up my point of view
I got a new attitude

Runnin' hot, runnin' cold
I was runnin' into overload
It was extreme, ex-ex-ex-ex-ex-extreme
It took it so high, so low
So low, there was nowhere to go
Like a dream

Somehow the wires uncrossed, the tables were turned
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn
I'm feelin' good from my head to my shoes
Know where I'm goin' and I know what to do
I tidied up my point of view

I got a new attitude
I'm in control, my worries are few
'Cause I've got love like I never knew
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
I got a new attitude


I'm wearing a new dress (New), new hair (New)
Brand new ideas, as a matter of fact I've changed for good
It must have been the cool night, new moon, new slight change
More than the figure but I feel like I should, yes



Somehow the wires uncrossed, the tables were turned
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn
I'm feelin' good from my head to my shoes
Know where I'm goin' and I know what to do
I tidied up my point of view
I got a new attitude

As I sang that song running around the house, brush in hand...I began to pray my own prayer of renewal. 

Lord, I thank you for a:
New Season
New Ministry
Now is the time!
Newness of Christ
New Wineskins
New Win
New Signs
New Wonders
New Outpouring of Holy Spirit
New Life
New Baptism of Holy Fire
New Believers saved
New Love and zeal for Christ
New Green Sprouts of Life & Hope

A new day of 'No more  getting passed by or overlooked.  I thank you, Lord, for your Favor!  I thank you for your Glory shining brightly in me and through me.  Illuminating Your glory and goodness!  No more mourning!  A new day for dancing and rejoicing!  Joy comes in the morning!  It's a new morning with new mercies and grace abundant.  I thank you for New growth, new promises filled to overflowing with a future and hope.  I will continually look up.  I will continually ask, seek, expect, and listen.  I love you, Lord and by your Spirit you will lead me.














No comments:

Post a Comment